Monday, June 22, 2009

in Haiti

Hello!

I got here late last night and will be here for the next 5 weeks. The internet has been touch and go: on when I start composing and off when I try to send. Not that I'm a slow learner or anything...but here's my 4th attempt to send something since I arrived, and I'm finally writing it in first word so that when/if it doesn't go, I don't have to start over, again :-).

Sunday is the off day for volunteers here. I spent it getting to know the other two volunteers, both undergrads from Boston College, learning Kreyol, and playing with and feeding the kids (http://www.heartswithhaiti.org/0908%20Wings%20Kids%20Bios.pdf). Oh, and napping - ahhhh.

It's been raining since I got here and is pretty chilly. Feels funny to leave the heat and humanity of Atlanta to come to the equator to cool down :-)

More info on where I am and what I'm up to can be found at http://www.heartswithhaiti.org/. I'm staying at the Wings of Hope home.
Bonswa mwen zanmi!
~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment